As your IT requirements continue to escalate, so too do the many associated, but seemingly necessary, costs.
Though it’s clear the need to economise is more pressing than ever, where might you begin making cuts?
Whether physical resources, human resources, software, or services, every component would appear to play an indispensable role. To pursue any type of resource consolidation responsibly is to completely understand all the ramifications – both immediate and long-term – and to enact changes that actually foster new levels of productivity. The problem is a complex one, but nonetheless, a problem you can address with the right partnerships.
EZETEK IT Consolidation Services have been developed by working with a wide variety of customers in diverse industries. Through this real-world experience, and coupled with industry best practices, EZETEK has developed a proven process for planning and consolidating a variety of infrastructure components. Whatever your objective may be – reduce operational costs, reduce footprint, standardise hardware or software components – EZETEK provides the structured solution delivery to achieve it.
Consolidation value study-identifying your business and IT objectives and getting a high-level understanding of your infrastructure. Utilizing quantitative and qualitative tools to address TCO and value analyses, best-practice gaps, and readiness, among others.
Design solution and transition planning – creating a solution and plan that works best for you and your business.
Implementation–delivering our consolidation plans to your organization and enterprise.
Your IT consolidation plans map to your specific situation and objectives. Part of an on-going process, they address your entire IT environment – including people, processes, and technology.
Steps commonly include:
- Consolidation of operations (servers).
- Consolidation of information assets (storage and databases).
- Streamlining of applications.
These steps ultimately enable a utility-based operational model that fosters improved responsiveness and great flexibility.
Other benefits of IT consolidation are:
- Non-disruptive data centre migration – Consolidate and relocate data centres more quickly, more cost-effectively, and with less risk.
- Data center footprint reduction – Ensure more efficient use of data centre floor space with server and storage consolidation, tiered network storage, and best practices.
- Simplified management – Gain management efficiencies and cost savings through asset consolidation.
- Increased asset utilisation – Consolidate applications, servers, and storage to increase flexibility and reduce costs.
- Lower total cost of ownership – Reduce capital and operational costs through asset consolidation, floor space reduction, and lower energy consumption.
- Energy efficiency – Optimiseenergy consumption throughout your infrastructure and achieve green IT data centre goals..